Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weightloss and Holidays???

I've always found the holidays to be a difficult time to lose weight. Back when I was heavy, I remember feeling like the holidays were too strong of a tempation... there to hinder my weight loss goals. I remember giving up and thinking I'd worry about it come January 1st. As the new year came, I saw how backwards I had gone in my weight loss. It was pretty pitiful.

I've come to learn 2 things....
#1 - Don't worry about weight loss during the holidays. I decided if I just maintained the weight, I would still be ahead in January. To do this, I would be careful what treats I DECIDED to indulge in. I would make choices instead of having one of everything and limit myself to one. I also needed to stay true to my workouts. If I left them behind, all would be lost.

#2 - The season of giving includes GIVING TO ME. If I didn't give myself the gift of time... time to workout, time to make healthy choices, time to destress... I would find myself in the "gained it all back" boat in January. So give yourself the best gift this holiday season and give yourself time for YOU. You are as important as everyone on your list and remember... you can't take care of others if you can't take care of yourself.

These are some of the things that help me achieve my healthy life goals.

CLASS NEWS: Zumba: Sunshine will be teaching all the Tuesday classes, Kristina will be teaching all the Thursday classes this week. Kickboxing: You'll want to bring a mat. :) 
Have a wonderful week! We hope to see you in class! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment